Organizing tips - What do you use to store the stuff you take out of your pockets ?

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Hmm... the items in my pockets are usually the same items every day. So, I don't store those items at all.
They just go on my dresser top till tomorrow, then return to my pockets.
Well, except for the occasional receipt that I find all crumpled in the bottom of my pocket. Those would get filed away in "file 13". That's as close to storage as I get for the things that I carry.

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
The car key and wallet go into a wooden bowl on a bookshelf. The iPhone goes onto a charging stand (with my watch).

I heart organization topics!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Hmm... the items in my pockets are usually the same items every day. So, I don't store those items at all.
They just go on my dresser top till tomorrow, then return to my pockets.
Well, except for the occasional receipt that I find all crumpled in the bottom of my pocket. Those would get filed away in "file 13". That's as close to storage as I get for the things that I carry.
That is pretty much the way I deal with this, as well.

Every week or so, I clear out all receipts, apart from the ones that might need to be retained, but they go into an envelope on my desk, and no longer reside in pockets.

In other words: What has it got in its pocketses?
The ring is on my finger, mate.

Reactions: max2 and Gutwrench

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
The car key and wallet go into a wooden bowl on a bookshelf. The iPhone goes onto a charging stand (with my watch).

I heart organization topics!

I'm not that organized, I just put my keys right on the, umm, they're over there ... well, they were. Oh, I bet they're with my wallet and I put that, OK, thought it was on the kitchen counter, maybe my desk, er, no? OK, Let me ask the wife ...

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
I try to put keys into a large glass bowl we keep somewhere out of sight. If you asked me to describe said bowl I'd go blank. It's been there for dog ages and I can't even tell you the colors. The only items I misplace are reading glasses. If you've stuck around the site for a while, you've likely read where I've found previously lost pairs. Now I keep a pair nearly everywhere.

Farrellcollie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Tom Bihn travel tray is what I use for change and general storage. It keeps the cats from knocking everything off the dresser individually.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I have seven items that I take with me every workday. I place five of them in the corner of my desk when I return home daily. The other two - Apple Watch and iPhone - go on my nightstand to charge overnight, and I put them with the other stuff after I get up in the morning. A bit OCD, I know, but it keeps me from forgetting anything, especially the ID badge I need to pass through security doors at work.