Organizing videos into folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by duelingdragons, Sep 2, 2009.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I have all the seasons of Lost in iPod format, and I want to put them on my iPhone, but in a way where I can organize by season:

So basically, I can open "Videos", then choose "Lost", then choose whatever season, then pick the episode.

Is there a way I can organize my files this way?

2. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

How to Organize TV Shows into Seasons

Yes, you need to make sure they all come up in your iTunes library under TV Shows first. After importing them, if they're not there, then you need to do the following: (If they are, right click the file(s) and skip ahead to Step 2)

Select multiple files consisting of a season of episodes at a time. And repeat process for further seasons.

Step 1: Right click one or more the video files ( to select multiple files press and hold down Cmd (Mac) (Ctrl-Windows? Can't remember:rolleyes:) And Select the files ) then select the "Get Info" option.

Step 2: Go the the "Options" Tab and click the drop down box for Media Kind and select TV Show.

Step 3: Select the "Video" Tab and fill in : the show name (ie.Lost) And the season Number (eg.1). This will link all the episodes together as being one season.

Step 4: While your there, select the "Info" tab and Complete the details there if you must, its not that important at the moment if you don't mind each episode being called Episode 1, Ppisode 2...etc, however you must fill in the the right hand column of Track Number with the total number of episodes, this will help you when you come to organize then in sequential order. :)
    Click OK. Now check the TV Shows section of your library.

Step 5: In order to organize the episodes in sequential order you will have to enter the details/names and episode number for each episode individually, in the "Info" tab. :rolleyes:
    This is where the most user input is required, thus where most mistakes can be made. You must know which episode is 1 and which is two and so on... (unless the file name gives this away, which always helps:))

*Also you can change episode names and fill in other details about series caption etc but hopefully you can discover these with a look through the tabs in "Get Info"

Step 6: Now sync to your iPod/iPhone. :) Simples.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Just post any problems or anything I've missed, or needs changing.

3. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip. That's tidied up my itunes videos considerably

4. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

5. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

6. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

7. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, so I got them to show up as TV Shows, with the Season under the title, but its not broken up by season... the episodes are mixed.

How can I get them into individual folders per season?

8. duelingdragons thread starter macrumors 65816

Here's what I'm seeing now:

It breaks it up by episode number regardless of season:

[​IMG]

Ideas??

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'd be interested in knowing how to fix this as well. My shows never used to display this way; they were always broken down by season, then episode, instead of the opposite. I don't know why this changed or exactly when, as I haven't been watching TV on my iPhone lately, but now that I've noticed it it's driving me insane.

[​IMG]