Organizing your ITUNES library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iandyha, May 19, 2009.

1. iandyha macrumors newbie

hi,

looking to organize my ITUNES library, this includes getting album art, CD names and etc automatically. anyone know of a program that does this? freeware... that does this.

if your anything like me and really anal about your itunes library please share the knowledge...

i have gimmesometune but it doesnt fix certain files that dont have album names and etc. gimmesometunes works on the condition that you have most of the information correct... it provides the album art.

anything that fixes the text as well as the album art for you?

thanx

-andrew

2. MotleyPete macrumors regular

iTunes: Advanced > Get CD track names

iTunes: Advanced > Get album artwork

That usually does it for me. However, if the artwork is not on iTunes, I'll just Google it and then paste it in.

3. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

When I rip a new CD I usually grab the artwork from walmart.com (of all places). They seem to have the best quality, highest resolution images of anywhere. Amazon has artwork for more obscure stuff, but it's often low res, or not square, or branded with some annoying "15% off" logo or something.

And, naturally, anything bought from iTunes Music Store comes already filled out and with artwork.

4. iandyha thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm dealing with over 50 gb of music and about 10 gb of it is prob unorganized.

any easier way? rather than going one by one...

5. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Shift click the first song, shift click the last song. Then do the advanced thing to add picture and album (I believe you can do that with your right mouse menu)

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

cmd + A, right click, Get Album Artwork

7. iandyha thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that but it wont fix the text also. i have a lot of files without the album name and the artist name. it's all bunched up in the song name portion.

8. GregE macrumors 6502

How about TuneUp that is being advertised below? (At least is was on mine) I've never used it but it seems to do what you want.