Organizing your music collection

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Tech198, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

I'm interested to hear what, if any, weather people use auto-tagging software like TuneUp or other software for managing their music in iTunes, or weather you just go the manual "old-skool" route and enter all details.

Which method is better (also in terms of accuracy)... and why ? I guess manual would always be more accurate, unless YOU make a mistake, but then it would also take more time.

Finally, do people care which album the same song is on ? :apple:

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I did it manually. It pays off in the end. I ran TuneUp once, but didn't like the results.

And hahaha, the way I deal with multiple songs is by skipping them when shuffling, and I prefer albums vs shortened greatest hits versions.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've manually tagged all my music, including adding artwork and lyrics. It's been an ongoing process over several years, but the result is worth it to me. Tagging software doesn't produce the results I want.
    I sometimes have the same song included on several albums, because sometimes the version is different between albums. I don't mind the duplicates, for the sake of maintaining accurate and complete albums.

Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes is a great resource for managing your iTunes tags and files.