Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fantom555

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
New York City
I know this topic has been covered but i need to get organized i have stickies on my laptop and mac pro(office) i use entourage for email and calendar on exchange server(todo's and tasks dont sync) i have ever note for notes and i have todos's for the list and i have to sync that to the office mac. My question is there 1 program that does it all do i have the best solution can anyone help me what i should get as a program or use. all i want is 1 central program/app so i can use iphone with my mac and laptop. any suggestions would help.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
If you are just looking for something for notes/to do lists, check out momo. It has a web interface so you can add notes that are synced to the ipod/iphone. I have been using that along with the built in mail and calendar apps.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Personally, I use the mail and iCal apps on my MacBook, with mail syncing to exchange. iCal uses BusySync to sync up to Google Calendar, which then syncs down to Pocket Informant on my iPhone. For todos, I use Toodledo, which also syncs down to Pocket Informant on the iPhone. PI is a great app on the iPhone, and the development is second to none. Just take a look at the forums to see how much work they put into it.

For notes, I currently just use the native iPhone notes app which will sync with notes on my mac in iPhone OS3.0, which I'm hoping will be sufficient for my needs.

For docs longer than a standard note, I use QuickOffice which allows me to view and edit docs and spreadsheets on my iDisk, but this could well change when Documents To Go gets released by Dataviz, supposedly in the ext few weeks.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Pocket Informant has been pretty good so far. It still has some rough edges, but it's still fairly new to the iPhone. It has Todos and Events, and I read it'll also have a notes feature that will sync to Toodledo notes.

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
ToDo by Appigo will sync its todo's with ical now. If you need alarms on the todo's then you can subscribe to a service like Remember the Milk and it will text and/or email you an alarm for the to do at the appropriate time. You can also subscribe to Google Calendars and set up push in your iPhone and when you enter an event on your iPhone it will automatically be pushed to Google and then synced with ical, all without tethering the iPhone and manually syncing. This is a pretty powerful setup. ToDo now includes projects and subtasks and checklists. Appigo also makes a notes app that will integrate with ToDo and sync. I don't use it as the notes section in ToDo is sufficient for my needs.

Somebody mentioned spreadsheet docs and the best two out for the iPhone are Marinercalc and Spreadsheet.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
For notes, Momo and Notebook (by Appigo) are both great. I like Appigo's interface better, but I prefer to keep some notes completely locked and out of view, and currently it's easier to do that with Momo. If Appigo creates hidden folders that only appear when the password is entered, I'll move to Notebook.

Pocket Informant and SmartTime both sync to Google calendar, and SmartTime's recent update makes it a lot more usable for me (monthview calendar). SmartTime's graphics are nicer to look at, but I still find Pocket Informant's interface much easier to see and do things more quickly. Pocket Informant's updates and developer-customer communication are both among the best I've seen. I do look forward to seeing how SmartTime develops though.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
I have used various to-do apps and I always seem to fall back to stickies. I don’t know why but they are more convenient.

amabo

macrumors member
May 2, 2009
Another vote for Appigo's ToDo. The syncing to Toodledo (free) is phenomenal and the app itself is a jewel. They have fantastic customer service and are always adding feature requests when they can. It's a great app that I highly recommend, and if you're worried about spending $9.99 on an app just try out their demo, ToDo Lite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.