Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
First of all, no, the orientation lock is not on!!

I noticed this morning that I was not able to rotate my safari or facebook apps, so I figured I should reboot. I did, and I still can't rotate them (or any of the apps, for that matter).. The only way that I was able to find out that my accelerometer is still working fine is by opening the camera app, and watching the little icons rotate as I rotated the phone, and they did.

So I suspected that it is something to do with Cydia (4.0.1 btw), but I have not installed or made any modifications recently. I decided to go on SBsettings and boot into safe mode, to see if the rotation would work, and it did! hooray!.. and then I exited safe mode, it is no longer working :(

What would be the next logical step to take? I really want to avoid factory-resetting my iphone and then installing everything again and configuring it all over again..

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Well let's start with listing what you have installed on the phone.

Just Cydia apps or all the appstore apps too?

Also, is there an automatic way of generating a list of my cydia apps lol? I'd rather not type out a million of them..

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just Cydia apps or all the appstore apps too?

Also, is there an automatic way of generating a list of my cydia apps lol? I'd rather not type out a million of them..

Cydia apps. But if you have that many apps and haven't installed anything recently then you'll probably never figure it out and need to restore.

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
First of all, no, the orientation lock is not on!!
I decided to go on SBsettings and boot into safe mode, to see if the rotation would work, and it did! hooray!.. and then I exited safe mode, it is no longer working :(

What would be the next logical step to take? I really want to avoid factory-resetting my iphone and then installing everything again and configuring it all over again..

Do you have any package installed with the word "rotate", "rotation", or "rotator" in it??

You should keep track of what you install....

S-

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Do you have any package installed with the word "rotate", "rotation", or "rotator" in it??

You should keep track of what you install....

S-

I do keep track, relatively reasonably, and the only thing I installed over the past week is iLocalis. I can't see how that would have any impact on the rotation, and it worked fine for the past week until this morning.

Regarding anything with the 'rotate' word in it, i'll check now and post back

edit: couldn't find anything with rotate or anything related in the name.. oh well, factory reset it is..

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
do you have 'landscape lock rotation'?

when you're on safari/facebook, what happens when you double press home button to show your task bar switcher, swipe left, is the 'lock orientation' in used? also when you're on those apps, does it have a lock orientation icon in your status bar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.