Original Apple watch is slow during workouts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by adamsaulnier, Oct 25, 2016.

1. adamsaulnier macrumors newbie

I'm using the original Apple Watch Sport with music sync'd and playing from the watch.

The issue I'm having is when I use the built-in workout app and switch back and forth between that and the music app the device becomes incredibly slow and unresponsive. It appears to be faster when playing music from the phone instead.

Is anyone else finding the same thing with their original watch? I am really disappointed with the speed of the watch in general when using iMessages (loading emoticons / past message history) and loading other apps, so much so that I really only use it now for reading/responding to incoming iMessages.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You asking a question that is relative and hard to quantify. The S0 is slower than the S1/S2. If it seems to be excessively slow you can try restarting both devices and then try re-paring. Other than that your only option is to upgrade to a S1/S2.

3. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Do you have your most used Apps (workout and music) saved to the dock? I have used my original Watch Sport for running and playing music from the Watch many times without slowness issues. I do not carry my Phone, so maybe that is different from what you have been doing. I am not sure it will help, but just a suggestion.

4. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Try this, start your work out. Then use hey Siri to open your music. Now, you can switch back and forth by double pressing the crown.

5. adamsaulnier thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have them saved to the dock and that hasn't helped, however I will certainly try this to see if it helps.