Original Apple Watch Price Drop?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dezryth, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Dezryth macrumors member

Dezryth

I wonder when we'll start seeing price drops for the original apple watch? I'm surprised to see that people on eBay are still able to get ~200 dollars for their USED watch when a new Series 1 is going to be starting at $269.

I'm hoping to possibly snatch up a 42mm Sport NIB for around $200, which should be reasonable given the new updated models coming out shortly.

When do you guys think we'll start seeing clearances on the the Original Apple Watch?

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Just sold mine for $200 (42mm Sport w/ an extra band). Felt a little guilty about it but during the email exchange the girl said she has been wanting one for a while and wanted to see what the new one was going to have. So she knows a new one is coming out. Getting a 42mm Sport in like-new condition for $200 shouldn't be a problem.

3. Dezryth thread starter macrumors member

Dezryth

Good on you for getting a decent chunk of change back. Obviously if I was in possession of one and planning on upgrading to the new model I'd try to get as much as possible for it too, but I've seen cracked ones on eBay going for 200 and it just blows my mind. I'm still a little hesitant on getting one in the first place, considering I might not find it useful enough to wear regularly so I'm hoping to find one for a steal once the new models are available. If they don't ever drop significantly I'll probably just bite the bullet and get a series 1 later this year.

4. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

You are already there. Best Buy is selling the Sport 42mm for $220.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If the 38mm drops to $150 or less I'll even get my mom one. She lives with us and is already asking what time it is.

"Merry Christmas. Now check it yourself".

7. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

Damn i see that best buy ad add and wonder do I really need to pay 200 more for the Watch series 2?

8. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I mean used. $150

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

My statement wasn't a direct response to yours. I was just thinking out loud. If they hit $150 (which they might depending on how much back stock various stores have) ill take the plunge. I doubt she would use it for much beside tracking her walks and checking the time. I'm nearly certain no texting and her thick European accent makes Siri extra worthless lol

10. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I decided just to get the original 42mm Apple Watch from Best Buy for $219 today. I was planning on getting Series 1 but I don't really want to spend much on a watch that will be used for notifications and some minimal health stuff. I definitely did not want to pay $400 for the Series 2 because the resell value will just take a major dump when the new model comes out. Plus my air compressor is acting up and after getting the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus this morning I need to spend at least $300 to run my air tools.
    I'm currently installing Beta 3 so I will be testing it and will do a comparison when the new watches come out on display hopefully by mid next week. So 14 days to really be sure.

11. azfalcons Suspended

azfalcons

id love for the the SS to drop a little lower lol