Original chargers and accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steponeman, Jun 19, 2015.

1. steponeman macrumors member

steponeman

Hey guys, i'm here again with another question, i was just wondering if there are any way we can know the diference between original chargers and accessories and those manifactured by chineese manifacturers? are those chineese chargers and accessories good too?

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

There have been cases of iPhones burning due to non-original chargers, but I believe those cases are very rare. Many people use non-original chargers and accessories, so it's up to you to decide whether you want to run that potential risk, even if it's very small :)

3. steponeman thread starter macrumors member

steponeman

:) that's why i asked, i don't want to wake up a morning findidn my house on fire, i heard a lot about people having troubles with those chargers and accessories.

4. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Better to use original chargers and lightning cables than to be sorry :)
    I know the original charger has a green dot. I would look-up pictures and compare them.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's good to be safe, but I'm not really sure that a lot of people have been having issues, let alone serious issues, with third party cables and chargers. Perhaps the counterfeit ones that are sold as the real Apple ones (and hard to say for sure even about those, although best to stay away from them in general anyway).