Original fonts that shipped with 10.6?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TOOFY, Jul 19, 2010.

1. TOOFY macrumors regular

Hey Guys,

Im having this problem running CS5 ( photoshop mainly ). It opens fine but the minute i try to add text to a image the application beach balls - then closes it self out.

I did some reading online and it appears it has to do with people and their font packs. I have a **** load of fonts. I dont care if i loose them - but how do i go about to putting the original fonts that came with the OS?

Thanks!

2. MacTech68, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

The nearest I can see from Apple is a list for 10.5. It may not be very different from 10.6. Apple doesn't seem to have done a similar list for 10.6 despite producing these since 10.2.

However, be aware that quite a few Apple software packages install other fonts. iLife, AppleWorks, iWork etc, will all install additional fonts that may be required for operation of those apps.

Doesn't really help but it's a starter. :(

EDIT: the other alternative might be to clear out font caches with a tool like FontFinagler. Only the current beta is (partially) compatible with 10.6

3. Lokrado macrumors regular

you could make a seperate partion and install os x on it and your software, then copy the fonts over from that. - messy solution but it might just work.