Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
Does anyone have a link to a negative review of the original bondi-blue iMac repeating the "Apple is doomed' meme from the 1998-2000 era? Particularly if it mentions apple-fanboys or sheep who are brainless for buying such a stupid computer, etc.

My googling isn't coming up with anything.

quatermass

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2009
"How will iMac fare once the novelty fades? ''This computer is a fashion statement right now, but those things wear off,'' says Oppenheimer Securities analyst James D. Poyner. ''If Apple intends to sell lots of machines based on how they look, that's a pretty tenuous story.'' The iMac has to hold its own in a market of sub-$1,000 (and falling) PCs. And Korean-based E-Machines has announced plans to sell an iMac look-alike for less than $600, say analysts."

http://www.businessweek.com/1998/40/b3598086.htm

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Hmm that's odd there were ever any negative reviews. I remember eMachines getting sued by Apple for flagrantly copying their design. I purchased the Snow Edition iMac in 2001. I loved that computer. It was the first to ship with OS 9 Classic and the 1st edition of OS X. :)

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Does anyone have a link to a negative review of the original bondi-blue iMac repeating the "Apple is doomed' meme from the 1998-2000 era? Particularly if it mentions apple-fanboys or sheep who are brainless for buying such a stupid computer, etc.

My googling isn't coming up with anything.

That kinda stuff continues to this day. It's BS attacking for stock profits. Nothing more. Same Ol Sht, but these days it's really obvious. Back then it was a little more subtle.

akm3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I have a (.NET developer) at work who is insisting Apple is DOOOOOMED if it doesn't cater to "real developers" (not "Xcode developers").

Plus the same "Apple has brainwashed everyone, iSheep, etc etc)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.