Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CWillCalho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Still using it and going strong. I watch shows, news and movies every day with it. No need to buy a new one in the foreseeable future.

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I have the same.

I am contemplating changing it to the 2020 model as I get lag on my current iPad when I try to multitask and I do want a bigger screen for media consumption (so would go with 12.9).

Not made my mind up yet but the longer I’m house bound due to COVID-19 here in the UK, the more likely I am to succumb to getting a new one.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
Mine is still pretty good, and if it's your only ipad it will feel great... but once you get used to A10X and A12 you can definitely feel the difference. So, strong is quite "relative".... The battery on mine has degraded to 2-3 hours....
Still since I have other ipads (pro and mini) I won't upgrade for 1 or 2 more years...
I'll wait till at least A14X on the 12.9 with the new keyboard...

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
My original 12.9 iPad Pro has been lagging on some of the games I play so I upgraded/downsized to the new 11 inch model. I was also running out of storage space.

sregreb

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2014
My original 12.9 still rocks. Once this pandemic thing subsides I am going to shell out $99 for a battery replacement from Apple.

Davefevs

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2015
Bristol, UK
My original 12.9 iPad Pro has been lagging on some of the games I play so I upgraded/downsized to the new 11 inch model. I was also running out of storage space.
Same here, enjoying the new one so far. It’s so lightweight and compact in comparison (obviously), but now really noticeable.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
I have the 9.7 iPad Pro and I loved it. Until Apple’s pathetic update policy and iOS 9 activation bug forced it to iOS 12 on September last year. I was just browsing Safari and the iPad resprung and deactivated. I couldn’t do anything other than updating it. After updating, battery life fell by about 50%, instantly. From one day to the other. Performance decreased substantially, app opening is noticeably slower and there’s a lot more lag. Believe me, after using iOS 9 for three years, I notice every little thing.

I’m sick of Apple’s ****ing update policy. Allow me to downgrade or fix the servers. I will eventually buy a new one, but I need to travel as my country sucks. I don’t know when will that be.

You might think: then buy something else if you don’t like it. That’s the problem: I do like Apple devices. A lot. It’s just that they have to be on their original versions, and I do a good job keeping them like that, but I can’t fight what happened. I can’t prevent that from happening. I have an iPhone Xʀ that will stay on iOS 12 forever, or, as I have now learned, Apple screws up somewhere and forces it out of iOS 12.
It’s okay in a way, I got three great years out of it, but I could have gotten more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.