Original iPad-Style Case for iPad3

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by OmegaRed1723, Mar 12, 2012.

1. OmegaRed1723 macrumors 6502

OmegaRed1723

I'm trying to find a case for my preordered iPad 3. Currently, I'm using the Apple case from the original iPad on my iPad2. I find that it creates an excellent viewing angle when held "upside-down" in landscape mode, creating a self-supporting teepee of sorts (see photo). It's actually quite stable and I can type in that position as well. The downside to using this case is that it's a little large for the newer generations of iPad, and there is no opening for the rear camera.

Has anyone come across a case like the Apple original that would work with the new iPad? The closest thing I've come across is this case from Yoobao but the front flap doesn't fold over and support itself how I want. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm sticking with the original and taking a hole punch to the rear.

[​IMG]

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I actually have that Yoobao case for my iPad 2 in red. There is a flap on the back that the cover tucks into, which is great for upright viewing angles. Of all my cases...LOL, I have a few - this one's form factor is my favorite.

3. atseng macrumors newbie

I am also looking for a similar case, but preferably with the magnetic smart cover like feature and fold.

This may or may not help you, but I ordered a case from the following link http://www.buy.com/prod/black-magnetic-smart-slim-full-body-cover-for-apple-ipad-2/222393179.html

This is supposed to fit the iPad 2 perfectly (I tried it out on my co-worker's iPad 2, it seems to fit fine, but the magnetic closure doesn't work). But unfortunately for the new iPad, the holes do not line up perfectly (it still works, but I would have to squeeze the charger cable and stereo plug to get it to fit).