Original iPhone (2g/Edge/Silver Back)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1980, May 5, 2011.

1. marty1980 macrumors 6502

Let me start out by saying "Yes" I have read this sticky => http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983491. Please read on...

I am going to sell my original iPhone. I am curious about the advantages and disadvantages of jailbreaking this phone for someone.

Have the jailbroken apps surpassed the capabilities of the original iPhone or are there still good reasons for it?

Basically has this phone become obsolete even in the jailbreak world where the apps just aren't supported or run as well on it?

I am curious so I can post these adv/disadv as a side-note of my ad when I sell it.

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would definitely jailbreak it, but I'm not sure it would make a massive difference: the original iPhone is pretty obsolete even in jailbroken guise

3. sbddude macrumors 6502a

If you jailbreak and unlock you can probably sell for a little bit more.

There are some jailbreak tweaks that work just fine on a jailbroken 2g iphone. Such as sbsettings.

4. marty1980 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll probably just jailbreak it to check it out. Then restore the phone if the buyer doesn't want it jailbroken. That way I can provide a list of some of the apps that can only be ran on a jailbroken phone.

Thanks for the replies.