Original Iphone 2G Jailbreaking Help please, easy questions!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigt-, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bigt- macrumors newbie

Hi, long time reader of this forum but first time poster, basically I bought an Original iPhone 2G from a friend, I dont think it has been jailbroken before, my friend updated it before he gave it to me so it is currently on 3.1 original firmware, I have been searching all over the forums and web about how I go on jailbreaking it, everytime I think I have found the solution its for already jailbroken iPhones on version 3.0, so basically I want to ask is can mine at 3.1(latest) be jailbroken and if so can anyone link me to somwhere where it tells me what I need please.

Thanks.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Use PwnageTool.

2G phones can be jailbroken and unlocked without any hassles.

3. bigt- thread starter macrumors newbie

But I need a mac and I only have the G4 which didnt work as I need itunes 7.7 or more and that needs a different OS version so I can only do it on a PC.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

5. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

MAke the custom IPSW on your Mac with PwnageTool, then copy that over to another computer with iTunes 9, then hold option (or shift for windows) and click restore. Choose your custom IPSW you made, and wait for it to restore and you're done.

6. bigt- thread starter macrumors newbie

Yh I did that a couple hours ago but it didnt work, some error, just followed a youtube video and got it working using a PC tool, thanks though guys

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Still only with a Mac?

I need a Windows version.