Original Iphone, availability, activation, price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vald, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Vald macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was having some trouble finding these informations with the use of google, and this forum, so i would be very thankfull if somebody could answer a few questions.

1. Is the original iphone still available for purchasing, and if so, is it still being activated at home or do I need to sign a contract right in the store like the iphone 3g and how much does it cost?

2. It's been 5 days after the launch of iphone 3g, does anybody know if it could be bough at the unsubsidized price, or in any possible way w/o signing the contract in the store?

3. How much ice cream can you eat untill you pass out?

2. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

1. No. You can try eBay or CraigsList
    2. The no commitment pricing option will be available in the future.
    3. No comment, but I am partial to soft serve vanilla.

3. Vald thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not saying it's not the case, but I've read that the original iphone is being sold until it's out of stock.. i just don't know how much of this is true... if it's not being sold, what is going to happen to all of those original iphones that never got sold?

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

The original iPhone has been out of stock at many locations since May. AT&T was instructed to return all unsold product back to Apple. Apple stores are keeping their supply to use as replacement phones for exchanges/warranty/etc. You cannot buy a first gen iPhone from Apple or AT&T any more, only through 3rd parties like eBay, etc.

5. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

1. Not from apple. Still activated from home.

2. I dont know

3. enough