original iphone battery problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaycrew, Oct 24, 2008.

1. jaycrew macrumors member

hey all,

i have an original iphone, 2.1 update installed. last week the battery on my iphone was draining very quickly and i noticed that the usage was ridiculously high. even when i wasn't doing anything it would count the passing time as usage and therefore drain the battery must faster.

i did a re-install of the software and it was fine for a while, but the issue has popped up again.

anyone experience anything like this?

thanks in advance!

2. yode macrumors 6502

i just experienced it. My iPhone 3G just died from like 6 hours of leaving it there doing nothing. I put the charger in, and then checked the usage, close to 5 hours of usage, 6 hours standby. Weird stuff, I didn't even use any apps or nothing just phone usage for maybe half an hour. after rebooting the phone it seems to be back to normal now..

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Jaycrew...you had a stuck app/email. Something you used did not completely shut down when you used the home button. Normally it has to do with email and it getting stuck on an unusual file or large file with attachments. Some of the Apps do not shut down properly and continues to run. If you see your battery draining rapidly just turn it off then back on. I do this every night before going to sleep to insure nothing is running.

Yode..yours was because you hacked it:rolleyes: