Original Iphone customers out of contract on 02 - Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wolfuk, Jun 9, 2009.

1. wolfuk macrumors newbie

Hi

I have an original contract now about 1 month expired. I know there is a little thing called a 3GS out on the 19th of June in the UK. Is anyone in the same boat as me in terms of wanting to updgrade from 2G to 3GS and if so what kind of deals do you think we can get as we are out of contract?

Maybe start an thread for this

2. wolfuk thread starter macrumors newbie

3. The-Butcher macrumors newbie

I purchased my 2G on release date so am also out of contract. I can't see o2 offering us any deals though. I think the prices listed on the site are the prices we will pay.

4. Ewan Hoozarmy macrumors regular

Ewan Hoozarmy

Same for me.

I would expect we will pay the same as new customers.

Can't see o2 offering us anything special in the current climate :(

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I am also out of contract as of last month…

Looks like I'll be sticking with my 1st gen updated to 3.0 until the next release in 2010.

6. smr macrumors 6502a

Me too - bought my first gen iPhone at the UK launch 9th Nov 2007 so my 18 month contract expired last month - yippee!!!

I have been holding out for a 32gb iPhone, so will be getting a black 3G-S as soon as. Any idea when O2 might start taking per-orders? (The good thing about O2 not allowing 3G owners to upgrade early is that there should be more stock around at launch for those of use eligible to upgrade.)

7. spib macrumors newbie

I'm also out of contract (never had one) but I won't be upgrading. It's not enough of an upgrade for me to tie myself into a costly contract. The 3.0 upgrade will bring some new features to my existing phone so that will keep me happy for a bit, although MMS would have been nice (only works on 3G/3GS phones).

8. macjock macrumors regular

I'm also in the same boat and have posted my thoughts on the other threads.

I am disgusted that they want £180 odd to get another 18 month contract, and they even have the audacity to offer a 2year contract, oh and if I want that I will pay £87.11 for the privilege.

Who ever has heard of a 2 year mobile contract given the rate at which mobile technology moves.

As an individual I am small fry, though I do intend to go on a month to month rolling contract with a vastly reduced tariff.

Don't jump in, i'm sure the prices will fall.

9. ojwk macrumors regular

ojwk

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

And that is the root cause of a lot of this bother… since they hold the UK monopoly, O2 have no incentive to offer anything remotely attractive to their customers.

11. smr macrumors 6502a

I have just been on the phone to customer services, then the upgrade line, and although I'm willing (I would not go as far as to say happy) to pay O2£274.23 and start a new 18 month contract, they are not taking pre-orders on the 3G-S. They suggest I phone them back on the 19th June!

After the fiasco of the 3G upgrades last summer have O2 decided not to bother with pre-orders this time? Are the O2 shops taking pre-orders?

12. wolfuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Why don't we all just ask for our PAC code and see what happends? If they ask why we are leaving say I would liek to stay but the iphone cost is too much.......;)

13. cap'njack macrumors member

I'm sure you'd get the same response as my friend got when he tried it this morning...

"Sure Mr C, your PAC code is in the post....is there anything else I can help you with?" :D