Original iPhone FW2.2 jailbroken doesn't produce a valid backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by QuarterSwede, Jan 20, 2009.

1. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

After a lot of searching with no results I've decided to ask this myself.

I have an original iPhone with 2.2 and it was jailbroken with QuickPwn. I've only got SBSettings with a theme and Cycorder on it along with a bunch of app store apps (5 pages). I've got nothing hidden or docked in SBSettings.

The problem is that ever since I jailbroke it in August it refuses to produce a backup with a time stamp (see attached image). Again, iTunes backs it up fine and syncs, it just doesn't have a time stamp. I'm under the impression that without a time stamp (Name's iPhone - MM/DD/YY) it isn't a valid backup and therefore iTunes refuses to restore from it if needed.

Is this true?

If so, is there anything that I can do to NOT lose all my app/game scores, settings, etc.?

As a side note, I don't plan on restoring to stock, I would just like to know what my options are if I need to in the future.

Attached Files:

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you but I would really appreciate it if you could help me out here. It's my thread about how I can't jailbreak my 2.2 iPhone 3G! Help is greatly appreciated!

3. QuarterSwede thread starter macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Well, after upgrading to 2.2.1 I can confirm that the backups without a date do indeed work; just to close the case on this one.