Original iPhone Hacktivation?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by w3iiipu, Aug 14, 2010.

1. w3iiipu macrumors member

Hi...

Im trying to help my friend to figure out how to hacktivate an original iphone so it can be used as a ipod touch. The phone has a damaged sim tray.

did some search and etc didnt really come up with anything convincing for the original iphone hacktivation.

I know about the phone book sim hacktivation method for the 3gs/3g and iph4 but doest it work for an original iphone too?

If now how do u guys with the old school iphone did it?

any input is much appreciated.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. w3iiipu thread starter macrumors member

The phone became unactivated after my friend accidentally upgraded it on iTunes. So I assume the os was upgraded to 3.1.3.

I tried it with a phonebook sim today and it didn't work considering the sim tray is damaged and unable to read any sim inserted. I went to AT&T and tried it with an AT&T sim too.

Any other ideas? I'll look into the blacksn0w/blackra1n as suggested.

Again this is for hacktivating an original iPhone to use as an iPod touch on a PC.

5. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Redsn0w 9.4 . I have a 2G and never used blackrain so i cant even say it works on this phone. Just run redsn0w and if it is running 3.1.3, then point it to 3.1.2 when you run the IPSW restore. Unlock it while your at it.

6. p-rice macrumors regular