original iPhone headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Namikaze, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Namikaze macrumors member

what is the sound quality of the orignal in box headphones? Can they get very loud or loud enough or are they very low?

2. Otsugua macrumors newbie

I personally think the sound is pretty good with the stock headphones. If your hardcore audio your going to want to get new headphones once you open the box. I just think they're cool headphones because you can answer a call and keep them in your ears. The worst part about them is that they are not very comfortable, or at least they arent as comfortable as the original ipod headphones.

3. atlken77 macrumors member

i never found the stock ipod/iphone headphones to fit very well in my ears -- they keep falling out.

So I got the Altec Lansing Headphones with a mic - and it provides the same function as the stock headphones (taking a call while listening to iPod). Its not as pretty, and you don't that that trademarkish white cord/earphone thing going on, but its much more comfortable, and with an over the ear design, it doesnt fall out (which for a foot commuter like me is a necessity). . .

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ110LL/A?fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/headsets&mco=OTUwNTYy

4. CourtneyA1 macrumors newbie

I love the iPhone headphones.

I live in California, and with the new hands free law, it was really cramping my style. I drive all day and tried a bluetooth and a hands free speaker....both weren't great.

The sound quality is very good (particularly for calls), the mic is good. For me they are just a bit big on the fit, so my ears get sore.

But overally, I wouldn't trade them. Definitely try them before you buy something else.

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

The headphone quality is great compared ot the older iPod headphones. I love them and they fit in my ears perfectly. It really depends on the person, if you're really picky on music you might want to get a more expensive pair of headphones but for most people, these do the job quite well.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I really like the iPhone headphones with the answer/end call and pause/skip song functionality. They fit well and sound good. I'm not an absolute audio freak with huge over the ear headphones or anything and like that I can use them during calls too.

But I mostly use my iPhone plugged into speakers at my desk at work or plugged into my stereo in the car and both times paired to my Apple BT headset, so I can answer a call when it comes in through the BT and have the music start back up automatically after the call is over.

7. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

for phone calls....

I can see taking a call with those terrible buds. But music, sorry it's not very good. They actually make my ears hurt.

But you get what you pay for. Try some of Ultimate Ears products and you then understand what the ipod side can do.

Huge difference.

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I agree. They are only good for phone calls. I keep them in the car if i think i'll be on the phone awhile.

9. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

I really like the iphone ones, I use them all the time when I'm out

I have the v-moda iphone earphones too and use the iphone ones more.

When I'm at home I use etymotic ER-4P earphones which are a different league..

10. jakeacc macrumors regular