original iphone just stopped working, is this happening to anyone else

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mathewr, Jun 19, 2009.

1. mathewr macrumors 6502

My original iphone just stopped working. I have full att service but it says it cant connect to the network. do u think it knows its being replaced once my fedex guy gets here?

2. BMac702 macrumors regular

Obviously it is upset and feels betrayed by you for leaving it for a sexier one;)

3. macinjaneer macrumors newbie

no, but mine has been acting up all week. Time has been off a various times, and yesterday it would not boot and I had to completely restore it. I think it knows a new one is coming ;)

4. mak10 macrumors regular

my co-worker said his EDGE isn't working this morning, he just updated to 3.0 last night but said it was working after the update, just not this morning... no idea. He is expecting his 3G S today though... .

5. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

6. jonbig08 macrumors newbie

Mine is fine. Quick question (sorry for the the thread jack) when my new one gets here do I just chuck my SIM in and that's it?

7. nateharr macrumors 6502

Wow, the second after I got an order confirmation on my 3GS my Razr V3xx started acting funny. The screen would not turn on and it would be a glitchy. I planned on giving it to my mom, but it finally died on Monday. I don't think it's a coincidence...

8. westo macrumors newbie

I'm with Jon - can I just throw my SIM card in the new phone? Also, I'm giving the first gen iphone to the wife - can we just drop her AT&T sim card in there from her crummy phone?

thanks!

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Yes then sync with iTunes to do the activation process.

10. jonbig08 macrumors newbie

Thanks.