Original iPhone looking for work!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TapHappy, Dec 13, 2010.

1. TapHappy macrumors regular

Ever since I upgraded to my iphone 4, my original iphone 1.0 has been looking at me with a sad face. This baby still works! What can I do with it?

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Just have fun playing with it. Jailbreak it, maybe install OpeniBoot on it and then get Android dual-booting with iOS? The original iPhone is still probably the most "hackable," given its age, so there's all sort of crazy "do it because you can" crap that you can just toy with for the sake of toying with. :)

-- Nathan

3. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Use it to play music on a dock? Sell it? Frame it and hang it above your fireplace?

4. uneek1 macrumors regular

Cut a small slot in your fridge for it. Download a recipe app, and you have yourself a $5,000 fridge with touch screen. Bada bing bada boom!

5. miguueeel macrumors member

6. TapHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Hadn't thought of that! Good idea, thx

7. ulbador, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010

ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I would actually probably install the iTunes Remote as well as the DVR Remote (for the TiVo)

8. weirdlilwoman macrumors member

I'd watch that video :D

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Put it in a timecapsule so your grandkids will have something to laugh at when you take it out.

10. MrMinor macrumors 6502

I gave mine to my 3 and 5 year old. I loaded it up with kids games. They use the games and also the camera. The only problem is that they constantly fight over who gets to use it.

11. RenoG macrumors 65816

I did exactly this with my 7 and 11 yr olds. I loaded it up with like 50 or so games and every so often I'll tether it to my Iphone4 and add to it as well as update the current ones. They've since learned to share. when we go on road trips the kids love it, the wife too as shes able to get on the net via wifi with it at the hotel if I'm using mine.

Folks are real quick to sell their old iphones but these things are more useful than not if you decide to keep them. I mean for crying out loud you can use them as a universal remote...

12. TapHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Wow another great idea! Lovin' this thread!