Original iPhone o2 sim card 3G capable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steedie, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Steedie macrumors newbie

Hey guys

Got my new iPhone today, upgrading from my existing iPhone

Has one dead pixel in the bottom corner and a slight yellow tint, but still, I like it, it feels nicer to hold I think

Question is though, CPW werent really clear at all, I got a new sim with it, but I'm using my old one

Am I supposed to be using the new one? And if not, are the old sim cards with the original iPhone contracts 3G capable?

I dont seem to be getting any 3G signal even though my area is covered apparently

Any ideas?

Cheers

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Either that new sim card is for those new customers

or

You can use either, although using that new SIM card requires another activation.

And yes it's 3g capable, used my old iphone 2g sim card in a p990 before and video calling was fine (inclusive on the minutes i get as well).

3. Steedie thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok great thankyou :)

And the old sim is definitely 3G capable?

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Pretty much all modern SIM cards are 3G... they didn't make special ones for the iphone.

The O2 store were sending people away without new SIMs if they were upgrading.. you just stick your old one in.

5. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Question, if you've got your iPhone 3g, will you still be able to activate your iPhone 2g using that sim ?

Also your sim card has a serial number on it, it should end with '3G' on it, thus making it a 3g sim card :p