Original iPhone on GoPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ouimetnick, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I tried putting 9s for the ssn and it failed. I also tried all 0s. It did not work. How do I put my Alum iPhone 8 GB on at&t Go Phone Pick your plan?

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

3. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Tried that

I tried that and it wanted me to chose my rat plan and agree to a contract. When I inserted the sim, it said please connect to iTunes for activation. When removed, I can use it as an iPod touch.

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

1) Jailbreak + Activate using PwnageTool.

2) There is no step 2. You're done.

5. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

jailbreak

But I don't want to jailbreak. Is there an official way anymore?

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I don't believe there ever was an official way, as you are "required" to have an iPhone Data Plan through AT&T for the life of your iPhone if you go through official means.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

No official iPhone method to get the Pre-paid option. This was only offered if you failed the credit check during iTunes registration / activation.

You might try this SSN: 141-11-1111 since it is often used by reps for the credit check process.

Dave

8. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Sure, you can hacktivate the phone without jailbreaking.

9. GCmini macrumors member

GCmini

My dad Bought an iPhone and he is on pre paid. He has an aluminum 8gb. He hass data and doesn't really use it at all. The only reason he got it cuz it was the same price as an itouch back then.

10. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

In otherwords

I just don't want to mod my iPhone in any way. I only want to use Apple or at&t software. I had to pay for this phone, I'm only 13 and got this from my neighbors. I really want to do it the correct way with out modding it.

11. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

1) Using third party software will make your experience better. It won't magically make the iPhone suck.

2) Activating the phone using a third party tool will not change the software in any way, other than unlocking the phone features without a contract. It won't install any software on the phone, it won't jailbreak it, etc.

3) You're 13. What do you need a phone for anyways? I barely use my phone for anything other than e-mail as-is -- I sure as hell wasn't doing anything that required a mobile when I was 13. I dunno... maybe times have changed...

12. mrochester macrumors 65816

Texting and calling his friends I would have thought!

13. dave006 macrumors 68020

As I posted earlier there is no correct way (supported by AT&T and Apple) to use Pre-paid without going through the iTunes activation step and failing the credit check, then you will be offered the pre-paid option. Do you have a valid SSN, at 13 you might fail the credit check with your own SSN.

The second issue with the original iPhone is that the iPhone is paired with the SIM during activation so you need either an already active SIM or a new never activated SIM to use during the iTunes activation process. So if you don't want to do it this way then you will have to use the Hack to activate as an earlier poster indicated.

Dave

14. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Ok Thank You.