Original iPhone Plans?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kymac, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

if im interested in getting an original iphone what are the monthly charges? i couldnt find anything on at&ts site.. i think everything has been taken down..

and is it a bad idea to get a first gen iphone? i personally like the aluminum back better.. and i would only be using it for a phone.. texting.. and the ipod.. and 98% of web surfing i do would be in wifi..

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I believe the least expensive plan is $59.99 (I already had AT&T, so just pay $20 per month for the least expensive plan)--

i was all set to get a 3G phone, but think I am going to stick with my first gen for a while-- so, I don't think it is a bad idea to get that phone, but I am sure others will think it is-- truly a matter of preference I suppose!

3. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

hmm interesting. but for ten dollars more a month i could just get the 3g.. but that adds up! haha so indecisive.

4. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that was my thought-- everything is so expensive nowadays and to spend and additional $120 on a phone per year that i don't REALLY need (but WANT) got me thinking--

I was reading another thread where someone was in the same dilemma and someone suggested they actually get the old and then go and check out the new in person and then make their decision-- from what i understand, at & t is allowing people to return the first gen and take a restocking fee to get the new one, but am not sure on all the details, so check them out before you do that!

either way, you will be getting an amazing phone!