Original iPhone Pre-Orders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DotCom2, Feb 25, 2010.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

Does anyone remember how far in advance Apple allowed pre-orders on the original iPhone?

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

You couldn't pre-order the original iphone, nor the 3G.
    How could this information be of any help to you, lol:p

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Exactly!
    When the new phone comes out in July there will be plenty of availability just like the 3gs. I walked into the ATT store the day it was released and within an hour I was out of the door.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

if they did preprders

there would be no point of Steve Jobs walking out on a stage too tell everybody waiting what the new Iphone will do! normally phones can be ordered same day Steve tells us about it! It comes out the day Steve tells us it will ship. you might bot think you will get it that day (you will) Apple will control fedex and ups shipments that day. nobody knows when Steve will tell us best guess WWDC in June. till then everything is Rumors! ;)

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

If it helps, ATT started accepting preorders for the 3GS eleven days before public availability.

It only took five days for the preallocated units to be sold out.

After that, you could still do a preorder; it just wouldn't show up on launch day.

6. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

The thread starter just thought he could beat the system by thinking he could know IF and when they release a newer iPhone if they announce a preorder date before the WWDC which is completely STUPID?

7. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I think this time aroundthe sales will be even better than the 3GS sales were since this time around a lot people (like myself) will have their 3G contracts coming to an end. Therefore, even though I could upgrade to 3GS today, I am waiting for the iPhone 4 to come out.

8. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

What about the original iPhone owners who could have upgraded to the 3GS...how is this any different?

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

There are more 3G owners than there were original iPhone owners.

10. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The owners of the first gen iPhone did not have any contracts with AT&T since their phones were not subsidized and they paid the full price. Many of them upgraded to the 3G when the 3G was launched. Most everyone I knew that had the original iPhone got the 3G on launch day. I was in line at the Apple Store with many of them that I work with.

Why didn't those that held out upgrade, maybe they didn't feel that the upgrades made from 3G-3Gs were all that good. I don't know.