Original Leopard Trash Can icon

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Outrigger, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I was messing around with customizing my dock and I was getting somewhere, and then when I was using Candybar program, I clicked something and it changed my trash can icon. Now, obviously I didn't get to make a back up of the original trashempty and trashfull.png. Does anyone on here have the original 2 files? Where would I be able to obtain them? I'd hate to do a full restore just for a trashcan icon.

2. MrM macrumors 6502

Here you go.

Copy them to this file path (note that when you get to "Dock" you need to right click, then click on "Show Package Contents")

/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/

Attached Files:

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You will need to authenticate before copying the images, and have to repair permissions afterwards.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

those attached images are only of the same resolution. the actual icons are .icns files with multiple resolutions up to 512x512.

Attached Files:

5. MrM macrumors 6502

6. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Can't you, in CandyBar 3, just grab the new trash icon and remove it from program? It should give you the "cloud poof" and show you the original icon. At least, that's what I thought I was able to do when I was using CandyBar last week as I was demoing it.