Original MacBook Pro w/o firewire

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jpinqatar, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jpinqatar macrumors newbie

I have the original MacBook Pro. I tried connecting a digital video camera (Canon MVX250i) to the macbook and stupid me - just noticed there is no firewire port!

Has anyone in this forum been able to transfer video from this model camera to the MacBook via usb? The Mac doesn't seem to recognize the camera when plugged in via usb. I assume the problem is that the camera can only do video transfer via firewire.

If anyone has figured out a way past this, I would appreciate sharing the knowledge.

Regards,

Jeff:confused:

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Every MacBook Pro made has FireWire. Are you positive that's what you have? The only recent Apple notebooks that don't have FireWire are the MacBook Air and the unibody (non-Pro) MacBooks from late 2008.

Most MiniDV cameras that have USB connections use that interface for transferring still photos only, so no video. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get any video off the camera without a FireWire interface. Do you have a friend with a FireWire-equipped Mac that can capture the video for you?

3. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I'm guessing he means the original unibody 13" Macbook which didn't have FW.