Original Macintosh 128K upgraded to Macintosh Plus

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by blindkarma, Dec 1, 2013.

1. blindkarma macrumors newbie

I have the original 128K Mac body with factory upgrade to Macintosh Plus. Also external 400k and 800k drives, original system disks and lots of third party software. Everything works. If I were to sell them, is it better to sell everything as a set or individual items? I really don't know the collector market or what they are looking for.

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Depends

Depends. It's literally a plus now not a 128 so it's not worth a very much. Software is pretty easily had, but a complete boxed unit could fetch more.

3. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Considering when it was officially upgraded the original motherboard and case back were retained, it may have it's "M0001" serial number, but it's as good as bastardized. Official or not.

OTOH, should you find an original case back and motherboard .. with a "Plus" upgrade on the side, or original parts on the side.. but a Mac Plus isn't exactly a jump-to item, though depending on your assortment of accessories, you might have something of interest to someone who's trying to make a good period-authentic set of stuff.

Software may be easily had, but software complete with registration cards, disks that the labels are not "glue-rotted", etc..