Original Plastic still on?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sgtboy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Hello,

I was wondering, who here still has there original plastic on there Touch that came on it out of the box, and if so, do you have a case with it?

2. Ernest macrumors newbie

Ernest

HAHAHA hopefully nobody does, it's too pretty to be in a case even. Dust gets in the case anyways and it makes it even more irritating and when something bigger like sand gets in there watch out. Just let it breath and live free.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

do not have original plastic on it, but have a film set and showcase on it

4. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

I have an Invisible Shield on mine. Managed to avoid any and all scratches by applying it as soon as it came out of the box.

5. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I don't have the original plastic because I have a screen protector and I got mine on September 30th.

I ordered mine 3 hours after he released it at his keynote. XD

6. radpanic macrumors member

I considered this but the plastic made it very hard to push the home button down. So, I cut the plastic away from the button and tried that. But then, I decided that the screen is glass and it will probably be fine. And then, I ordered a Invisible Shield:D

7. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I kept it on for about 4 hours then it annoyed me. I just keep it in a sock my sister knitted for me.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 156457 macrumors 6502

Where can I get an invisible shield and can yo post a picture of your ipod with it on please?

9. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

You can find them here.

I have used Invisible Shields since they came out on all sorts of things, like iPods, cell phones, and most importantly, my video gear. While they do tend to make viewfinders a little "wavy" the protection they offer makes the visibility issue insignificant, IMHO.

One of the first IS I bought was for a Garmin handheld GPS I use for backcountry hiking. It gets severely abused because of the conditions it's used in, and the IS has kept the screen near perfect for over two years.

I have one for my recently purchased 3G Nano, but it's such a beautiful thing I am reluctant to put anything on it, even an Invisible Shield....

MacDann

10. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I took mine off the minute I got it. I use my case when I'm carrying it around.

11. radpanic macrumors member

No problem. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it

12. sgtboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Redpanic,

Could you please comment on how the installation goes of your shield? Im tempted to order one but would feel a lot better if i knew if it was easy to install.

Thanks a ton ;)

13. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Check out the Invisible Shield website for an installation video.

They give you all the stuff you need with each shield. It's not difficult to do, and if you mess up you can recover without damaging the shield.

When I did my 5G 30G iPod I got the "O"-shaped part that covers the clickwheel off center just a tiny, tiny bit. I was going to fix it but decided to leave it. No harm, works just great, and can be removed without a hassle if I really get anal over it in the future.

You basically spray fluid (probably soap solution) on the device, place the shield over it, get it in position, then squeegee the liquid and any bubbles out from under the shield. It has to sit undisturbed for 24 hours to "set" so that any really tiny bubbles work themselves out.

My youngest (teenage) son uses my 5G iPod now, and as you might imagine it gets quite a workout. The iPod is still like new.

MacDann

14. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

you can't show a picture of the invisible shield because by definition "it is invisibe".

15. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

yep, original plastic still on mine. I preordered my Touch before they were shipping. Had it for several months now, still looks decent. I just cut the little tab off near the Home button.

I have an invisible shield ordered for mine. I do have a DLO flip case with mine also.