Original SimCity on iPad1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yyc engineer, May 6, 2011.

1. yyc engineer, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

yyc engineer macrumors newbie

Just ordered a first gen refurb iPad

The main reason I got it is to play SimCity (the original not Deluxe). Does anyone know if the original simcity app works on the iPad??

When I right click on the app in iTunes it says its an iPod/iPhone app but will it still sync onto my iPad???

Thanks for the info.

2. kory108 macrumors newbie

kory108

Yes, the "original" iPhone version of SimCity will sync and play on the iPad, it just won't look too great. iPhone applications on the iPad are blown up to fill the available space. I'd definitally recommend spending the few dollars and buying the iPad version of the game.

3. yyc engineer, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

yyc engineer thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked around the app store but I can't find the original simcity app anywhere! They only have SimCity Deluxe

does anyone know if they ever even made an "ipad specific" version of the 1st simcity app??

4. skestes macrumors member

The only SimCity ever made for iOS is the Deluxe version.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

That is not true. That is the only one available right now though. I purchased the original for my iPhone.

OP: The only one that is iPad specific is the deluxe. You can use the original iPhone one, but the clarity is not there at all.

6. skestes macrumors member

OK, I see. I apologize, I've played the Original Simcity (circa 1992) and assumed that's what the OP was looking for.