Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GlobeZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2015
In the Vale....
UK Apple Stores are selling their stock of Original Apple Watches at a discount.

38mm Aluminium Sport £199
42mm Aluminium Sport £249

I think the SS models are being discounted too, don't know prices.... These are In Stock watches only !!!

AstroDrew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Bay Area
They are also on sale here in the US at Best Buy 1st generation 42mm AW is $219 - I actually cancelled my order and went for this one. It's my first AW and I was encouraged by one of the poster here in the forum who purchased his from BB. The price difference for a series 2 and the original is large enough for me to try the first gen first and see how I will like it. I had the SS 42mm series 2 preordered at $650 total .....I had buyer's remorse haha.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...rue&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

GlobeZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2015
In the Vale....
They are also on sale here in the US at Best Buy 1st generation 42mm AW is $219 - I actually cancelled my order and went for this one. It's my first AW and I was encouraged by one of the poster here in the forum who purchased his from BB. The price difference for a series 2 and the original is large enough for me to try the first gen first and see how I will like it. I had the SS 42mm series 2 preordered at $650 total .....I had buyer's remorse haha.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=apple watch 42mm sports&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=&qp=storepickupstores_facet=Store~187&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

That's a great price ! I would do the same too if I was in your position. I have a 42mm Space Black SS and 42mm Space Grey Aluminium on order and went to the Apple Store to look at the existing models to help me decide which I preferred..... Didn't really help as I preferred the weight of the Aluminium Sport watch and the Look of the Space Black SS...... D'oh ;)

FrisbeeK9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&st=apple watch 42mm sports&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&nrp=&sp=&qp=storepickupstores_facet=Store~187&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys
Astro Drew
UK Apple Stores are selling their stock of Original Apple Watches at a discount.

38mm Aluminium Sport £199
42mm Aluminium Sport £249

I think the SS models are being discounted too, don't know prices.... These are In Stock watches only !!!
astro Drew, don't judge the original Aw on the version of OS shipping with it (os2). Os 3 is SO much more usable. I don't need GPS or Swim, the screen is bright enough on original so Series 1 I don't need it either. Enjoy you new/old Apple Watch, and remember OS 3 makes a huge user experience different.
[doublepost=1473526315][/doublepost]
That's a great price ! I would do the same too if I was in your position. I have a 42mm Space Black SS and 42mm Space Grey Aluminium on order and went to the Apple Store to look at the existing models to help me decide which I preferred..... Didn't really help as I preferred the weight of the Aluminium Sport watch and the Look of the Space Black SS...... D'oh ;)
Get both.

Reactions: AstroDrew

AstroDrew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Bay Area
Astro Drew

astro Drew, don't judge the original Aw on the version of OS shipping with it (os2). Os 3 is SO much more usable. I don't need GPS or Swim, the screen is bright enough on original so Series 1 I don't need it either. Enjoy you new/old Apple Watch, and remember OS 3 makes a huge user experience different.
[doublepost=1473526315][/doublepost]
Get both.

Oh believe me I hear you hehe. I have the original for two days now and I am loving it even with OS2 - I did a battery test and the other day and the watch went from 100% to 1% for 28+ Hours without charging in between. I wore it while sleeping and used it all day. I am happy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.