Original watch discount @ Apple

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by GlobeZ, Sep 10, 2016.

1. GlobeZ macrumors member

GlobeZ

UK Apple Stores are selling their stock of Original Apple Watches at a discount.

38mm Aluminium Sport £199
    42mm Aluminium Sport £249

I think the SS models are being discounted too, don't know prices.... These are In Stock watches only !!!

2. AstroDrew macrumors regular

AstroDrew

They are also on sale here in the US at Best Buy 1st generation 42mm AW is $219 - I actually cancelled my order and went for this one. It's my first AW and I was encouraged by one of the poster here in the forum who purchased his from BB. The price difference for a series 2 and the original is large enough for me to try the first gen first and see how I will like it. I had the SS 42mm series 2 preordered at $650 total .....I had buyer's remorse haha.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...rue&iht=y&usc=All Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

3. GlobeZ thread starter macrumors member

GlobeZ

That's a great price ! I would do the same too if I was in your position. I have a 42mm Space Black SS and 42mm Space Grey Aluminium on order and went to the Apple Store to look at the existing models to help me decide which I preferred..... Didn't really help as I preferred the weight of the Aluminium Sport watch and the Look of the Space Black SS...... D'oh ;)

4. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

Astro Drew
    astro Drew, don't judge the original Aw on the version of OS shipping with it (os2). Os 3 is SO much more usable. I don't need GPS or Swim, the screen is bright enough on original so Series 1 I don't need it either. Enjoy you new/old Apple Watch, and remember OS 3 makes a huge user experience different.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 10, 2016 ---
    Get both.

5. GlobeZ thread starter macrumors member

GlobeZ

Haha.... At Apple UK prices I don't think so :(

6. AstroDrew macrumors regular

AstroDrew

Oh believe me I hear you hehe. I have the original for two days now and I am loving it even with OS2 - I did a battery test and the other day and the watch went from 100% to 1% for 28+ Hours without charging in between. I wore it while sleeping and used it all day. I am happy