Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alisstar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Orlando, FL
Apple Pay adoption continues to grow as the Orlando Magic became the first NBA team to offer Apple Pay support. I went to last night's game, and currently only the Magic retail stores and Levy Restaurants' stands are offering support for it. The third-party food vendors that I went to during last night's game didn't support Apple Pay.

Beginning on Dec. 19, the Apple Pay option will be available at several Levy concession and Magic retail locations throughout Amway Center. Additional locations will be added throughout the season. In addition, patrons who use their Chase Card with Apple Pay will also have the opportunity to receive special offers and win Magic prizes.

I hope that fans get to use the feature more when they go to games to hopefully encourage other third-party food vendors at the arena to support Apple Pay. I'm also hoping to see iBeacon support throughout the arena, as well. It seems like the team's CEO, Alex Martins, is open to the idea of adding new technologies, and I think there's a huge opportunity for the team (and other teams alike) to add iBeacon support.

“The Magic are committed to our fans and their experience and are continually looking for ways to innovate in order to make that experience legendary,” said Magic CEO Alex Martins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.