Orlando - Upgrading Macbook Pro Ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AndyM, Jan 13, 2008.

1. AndyM macrumors member

This maybe a long shot, but i wonder if anyone from around the orlando area can help me with a question.

I'm british and going to disney for a holiday the first 2 weeks of feb. I am looking to buy a macbook pro before this. I know that ram is so much cheaper in america, but anyone from around that area, know of a good place to get some. Looking for more like something in florida mall.

Any help would be much apppreaciated.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm not in the Florida Mall area, but I work at a store called Connecting Point in Winter Park (just north of Orlando proper off of I-4). We've got pretty good prices on RAM, not matching online prices, but those aren't really a good option it sounds like. For a MBP I think we're about $100 for 1GB chips, $165 for 2GB (IIRC, I'm not at work now obviously). Those are MicroWest brand chips, very good quality and lifetime warranty.

jW

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

play.com sell 4GB for £56 inc. delivery (£27.99 per 2GB Kingston module).

That's. Amazing and I'm guessing you'll be hard pressed to find 4GB for the equivalent ($114) in a brick store in the US, especially after tax.

4. sho0sh macrumors newbie

I just upgraded my macbook pro to 4gb - www.overclockers.co.uk it was about £85 all in when I ordered it, thats for the 2x2gb sticks, amazing deal!

5. AndyM thread starter macrumors member

Nice catch with that play.com thing. I doubt i will buy ram in america.