Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
This maybe a long shot, but i wonder if anyone from around the orlando area can help me with a question.

I'm british and going to disney for a holiday the first 2 weeks of feb. I am looking to buy a macbook pro before this. I know that ram is so much cheaper in america, but anyone from around that area, know of a good place to get some. Looking for more like something in florida mall.

Any help would be much apppreaciated.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm not in the Florida Mall area, but I work at a store called Connecting Point in Winter Park (just north of Orlando proper off of I-4). We've got pretty good prices on RAM, not matching online prices, but those aren't really a good option it sounds like. For a MBP I think we're about $100 for 1GB chips, $165 for 2GB (IIRC, I'm not at work now obviously). Those are MicroWest brand chips, very good quality and lifetime warranty.

jW

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
play.com sell 4GB for £56 inc. delivery (£27.99 per 2GB Kingston module).

That's. Amazing and I'm guessing you'll be hard pressed to find 4GB for the equivalent ($114) in a brick store in the US, especially after tax.

AndyM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
Nice catch with that play.com thing. I doubt i will buy ram in america.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.