OS 10.11.2/Parallels 11.1.2/Windows 7/Office for Windows 2016 Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by JoelBC, Jan 3, 2016.

1. JoelBC macrumors 6502a

I was running OS 10.11.2 / Parallels11.1.2 / Windows 7 and Office for Windows 2010 and everything worked fine.

I wanted some of the newer features of Office for Windows 2016 so upgraded from 2010 to 2016 and now have a problem. The three key Office for Windows 2016 applications I use -- Excel, Outlook and Word -- freeze (i.e. the area above the menu bar read "Not Responding") forcing me into task manager to shut down the application. The freezing problem is so bad / frequent that the applications are unusable.

I would appreciate any insight / solutions people have to fix this problem.

Thanks!

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Have you looked in Event Viewer to see if there is any info on the errors? Also, have you tried uninstalling the Office Suite and re-installing it?

3. JoelBC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Appreciate the suggestions and in response note:

1. I have looked at event viewer and I do not see anything helpful (admittedly, I am not very familiar with event viewer); and

2. I did not an uninstall and reinstall but to no avail.

Thx.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

What about building a brand new vm, in addition to the existing one, and installing Office on it. See if the problem persists in a totally new environment.

5. JoelBC thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I thought of that but it really does not help me either identify or solve the problem as I need to get Office 2016 working within my current VM which runs my other Windows programs...