Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
I just upgraded to 10.2.8 and for some reason my mouse preferences pane no longer works. I looked in System/Library/PreferencePanes and found that there is no mouse.prefpane folder, but there is one for every other pane. How can I get this installed, other than by reinstalling the entire system? Anyone have any ideas?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: OS 10.2 Preferences

Originally posted by jamdr
I just upgraded to 10.2.8 and for some reason my mouse preferences pane no longer works. I looked in System/Library/PreferencePanes and found that there is no mouse.prefpane folder, but there is one for every other pane. How can I get this installed, other than by reinstalling the entire system? Anyone have any ideas?
Try looking at your preferences again, it is now "Keyboard & Mouse". (In Keyboard.prefPane)

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
No, it's no...is it suppose to be?

I'm talking about 10.2.8, not 10.3 or anything. I still have separate keyboard and mouse panes, yet the mouse one does not work (says "cannot load mouse"). Is 10.2.8 suppose to have Keyboard & Mouse, not the separate keyboard and mouse?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Re: No, it's no...is it suppose to be?

Originally posted by jamdr
I'm talking about 10.2.8, not 10.3 or anything. I still have separate keyboard and mouse panes, yet the mouse one does not work (says "cannot load mouse"). Is 10.2.8 suppose to have Keyboard & Mouse, not the separate keyboard and mouse?
Yes, 10.2.8. It looks like they may have made the change because of Bluetooth.

May I suggest quitting out of Preferences, deleting ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.preferencepanes.cache and then going back into System Preferences?

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Thank you

Thank you. That fixed the problem with the preferences. But I'm very disappointed with 10.2.8. It freezes every few minutes so I have to force quite the finder. What is wrong with this update? I did a clean install of the OS, and it doesn't work. I can't wait for Panther...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.