OS 10.4.10 and authenticating

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dustman, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Ever since I installed OS X (at the same time as the 10.4.10 was released) on a Brand-new hard drive, I've been unable to get apps to save to the other partition and every time i want to save a file to it, i have to authenticate. its getting very annoying

I know the security risks, but is there a way that i can give my admin account root privilages? or a way to make OS X stop asking me for my password when trying to save files on my second partition? I don't want to roll back to 10.4.9, and a forum search revealed that you cant combine partitions without destroying the data on both. i can't do that, however i would if there was a way to keep my files intact and my os bootable.

Thanks guys,
    Dustin

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

If you are the only user, why not just check the option for "ignore ownership" on that partition.

Otherwise, just adjust the access privelidges to Admin owner, "you" read and write, "others" no access and apply to enclosed items.

I don't think 4.10 is to blame.

3. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

i wasnt sure if 4.10 was to blame or not as it was a new hd, but it seemed like a new security feature or something. idk. thanks tho. you saved me much agrivation.