OS 10.5.7 Beta?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BikerJim, May 24, 2009.

1. BikerJim macrumors newbie

I'm a little concerned about upgrading to the latest OS, having read about the problems others are having.
    So I'm probably going to wait awhile, I think, before taking the plunge.
    Why should we, as AppleHeads, have these trepidations regarding doing a simple upgrade. Not a very good situation!
    This got me to thinking (now that is a reason for some concern).
    Why don't the "powers that be" put out a Beta version first, so some of the kinks can be worked out before the Mac public gets their hands on it?
    Just musing, I don't have an answer!

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It is beta tested for a while prior to being released. There really is nothing to worry about with upgrading. The chances of having a problem are exceptionally minimal.

3. BikerJim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Slack, I guess what I wanted to ask was-
    Why isn't a Beta put out for the public to use?
    Not just some lab guys/computers, I'm assuming.
    Like some program developers do, e.g. Firefox 3 beta.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

If you are afraid of problems with the 10.5.7 release then imagine how many problems would occur with a public beta? Probably a much bigger headache than it's worth. Those computer/lab guys are more effective than you or I would ever be at it.

5. BikerJim thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess that's why they don't put out a Beta.
    I know I wouldn't try it.
    And just think of the lawsuits ;o)
    Good thing they didn't offer me Steve's job.
    Thanks Slack

6. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

since apple controls both the hardware & software integration on a very low, system-wide level, they can complete their pre-release testing much more easily than Micro$loft ever could.......

not to say that a few bugs still don't or can't show up now & then, but they are still WAY fewer and WAY less severe than those found with peecee's......

Just look up the bug reports from the initial release of the catastrophic clusterf*ck that is vista, and you will know the true definition of "issues" :eek:

consider this: I have used/updated EVERY OS X version from the public beta thru 10.5.7 with ZERO issues whatsoever, on many different machines with mucho hardware combinations....nEvErAnOtTaPrObLeMo, period !