Os 10.5 dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pfisher, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfisher macrumors member

Does anyone know what file extension or format OS 10.5 DVD comes with? In other words, when you buy the "retail" version of OS 10.1 or 2 or any future editions, does the DVD come as a DMG format or ISO? It would have to come with either format so the Mac can boot off of the DVD.

Basically, what I am trying to do is make a bootable OS 10.5 DVD so I can install 10.5 on my Mac.

Any suggestions?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It does not come as .iso or .dmg, it comes as a data DVD. An .iso or .dmg file is only an image of a file (or packages of files).

Do you have downloaded an .iso or .dmg file and are unsure what it is?

3. pfisher thread starter macrumors member

No, I know what .dmg or .iso files are. I wasn't sure how the retail DVD's come as a format. So, the retail OS 10.x come as a bootable DATA DVD.

I downloaded the OS 10.5 retail file which comes as a .dmg file. Next, I took the .dmg file and expanded it so I can convert it to .iso format. That is where I am puzzled. I could take Nero 9 and create a DATA DVD with this file but I want it to be bootable so when I put the DVD into Mac then I can install 10.5 from DVD. I don't want any errors on the DVD.

So, do I have the procedure right with using Nero 9 to create the bootable DVD?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Discussing piracy is not permitted on the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.