OS 10.7

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iaddict, Nov 17, 2015.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

Where can I download OS 10.7....the first one? I need that to update my MacBook and I can't find it anywhere. I don't want to have to pay for that old of an OS if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

It's sold by Apple. Links to pirated software aren't allowed here, so you'll be out of luck in this forum.

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

I am not looking for "pirated" software. I'm not sure why I seem to be able to find free downloads at Apple's website for any other recent or semi-recent version of their OS but not that one. It seems to be the only one that I can use to move forward from OS 10.6.8. The ONLY reason I was looking for it was because I am trying to help a family member back up their new phone, which cannot be done because the iTunes version is too old, and the only way to update iTunes is to update the OS.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

10.7 is sold by Apple for $19.95. It's not a free download. If your relative's computer can run 10.11, that is a free upgrade via the App Store, but Apple still sells 10.7, and charges for it, for some reason. http://www.apple.com/shop/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion