Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
Can anyone advise me if I can upgrade my 10.8 Golden Master to official Mountain Lion purchased in App Store? Also are they any differences or improvements over this two versions?

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
I'm concern about future updates otherwise I could consider leaving it..

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I'm concern about future updates otherwise I could consider leaving it..

You should get an email from Apple confirming it's the same product....

Appleseed said:
Thank you!

The final version of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 was released today! Your 12A269 redemption code actually purchased the final version for you! The last build we seeded, 12A269, is identical to the build that is being sold in the Mac App Store today. There is no need for you to purchase another copy in the Mac App Store.

We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for participating in the seed process. Many bugs and issues have been discovered as a result of your efforts. You have contributed to the overall quality of our product.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
GM and final release are indeed the very same build (not only do the build numbers match but an email I got earlier from Apple, as received by others, confirmed that too). The only thing I noticed was in my MAS, my ML in purchases changed this AM from OS X Mountain Lion GM Seed to just OS X Mountain Lion. It still shows my purchase date as July 10th though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.