Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsamuels

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
Since installing my 6+S seems more heat sensitive. At lease once a day the phone overheats and I need to remove from the Apple leather case until it cools down. The only change is the DP. Anyone else?

betasp

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
My devices running DP1 are getting hot, also. They are not shutting down Betas run additional code in the background, on top of the normal apps.

Reactions: firewire9000

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
For what it’s worth (not very much perhaps) I’m in Arizona where it’s 110F+ daily now and I’m not noticing any more heat than usual. In my experience it usually means something is locked in a tight loop and often it’s iCloud sync. If you can log out of iCloud, restart and log back in and see if it’s any better behaved. YMMV

Reactions: CaptainGomez

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I'm actually downgrading my iPad running the beta right now because it got quite hot and actually decreased 30% in battery while plugged into the charger. I'm not sure if it was due to a stuck app or multiple processes running at once but I no longer feel it's worth running.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I'm actually downgrading my iPad running the beta right now because it got quite hot and actually decreased 30% in battery while plugged into the charger. I'm not sure if it was due to a stuck app or multiple processes running at once but I no longer feel it's worth running.

The next beta should be out in a couple of days.

pandi.ruvina

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2017
Same here, iPhone 5S and iPhone 6S, quite hot even the battery life is decreased on iPhone 6S. no worth running this first beta, reversed to iOS 10.3.2 running smoothly and I saw quite a difference! The next beta should be out in a couple of days but I'm not going to stay for the moment at iOS 11, too buggy and slow for the moment, so it's normal behaviour!

utwarreng

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2009
My 6S has been getting noticeably hotter than it did on iOS 10 as well. I'm chalking it up to being beta, and I'm sure it'll be fine as more stable releases come out later. Good to know about low power mode.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
I thought it was just me. My iPhone 6 has also been running very hot since installing iOS 11, even right now it is very warm and uncomfortable to hold or put in my pocket. Hopefully the next DP solves this issue as it's becoming uncomfortable to use because of the heat.

jsamuels

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
I'm confident it will get better. Afterall, it's a DP. Just in 10 years I never have experienced a shutdown/warning due to heat. DP, Beta, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.