OS 3.0 Bug List

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpage2, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

OS 3.0 is great. It does though have bugs. Let's collate them in this thread.

I have observed the following bugs to date;

1. Upon starting iPod function after a dock sync, the player will report "Updating Library, this might take a few minutes". In my case (12GB of tunes) it takes a full minute to update, which is very annoying. Especially as I dock my iPhone frequently.

2. Track skips and update of album art work is now delayed noticeably.

3. When docking the iPhone on a dock device that initiates music playback, music will play from the iPhone speaker for a couple of seconds before audio output initiates through the dock connection.

4. Shake to undo appears to be overly sensitive. I have pulled the 3G iPhone from my pocket and started typing and had the "nothing to undo" dialogue box pop up on the phone. This option should at least be selectable in options but it does not appear to be.

2. The General macrumors 601

If there's nothing to undo then it shouldn't show the dialogue at all.

3. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

You are mistaken. If you are in any application that allows typing (Safari, etc) and it senses motion before you have typed, then it will display the "nothing to undo" dialog box.

4. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I think he means that if there's nothing to undo, the box shouldn't come in the first place, and apple should fix it.

Here are a couple of errors i noticed:

1: sometimes when typing up a text, i'll get extra "returns" and i won't be able to remove them

2: When I rearrange the tabs on the bottom for, let's say the app store, after a while, they snap back to how they were originally... VERY annoying.

These are the main ones i've noticed.

5. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Okay, that makes more sense.

The track skip lag is really annoying to me. I hope that the 3GS does not have this issue. I'm concerned that 3.0 does extra things with the music library for the voice control to work and that it is slowing down the 3G iPods that are still dealing with that section of the firmware even though voice control does not work on the 3G.

6. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

So what other bugs/issues are out there?

7. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

8. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Maybe a Mod can merge the threads as I don't see the bugs I've listed mentioned in the other thread.

It would be nice if Apple fixes this stuff.