OS 3.0 bugs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lucbert, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

I discovered some bugs in 3.0:
    -Deleted Mails still show up in spotlight (was not able to find a fix, sometimes they disappear after some time, often they don't)
    -Booting takes long (After showing the Apple logo for a minute, my iPhone shows a black screen for 25 secs before showing lock screen)
    -WiFi disconnects (Don't know if 3.0 related)

Does any of this happen to you?
    Apple calls this version of 3.0 a Goldmaster, but I don't think it is ready to be released yet.

2. strausd macrumors 68030

In the keynote, didn't Scott talk say that spotlight will show all emails that are on the server? Not just ones that are in ones inbox or mailboxes?

3. Aron Peterson macrumors member

Aron Peterson

No bugs. More stable than 2.2.1 and 3D games are smoother.

4. jaggunothing macrumors regular

jaggunothing

This definitely is noticeable once i moved to 3, not a big issue since i restart rarely :eek:

5. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

I've noticed a few small graphical glitches so far, but nothing to bad. Overall, it seems WAY smoother than 2.2.1.

6. jaggunothing macrumors regular

jaggunothing

This is not a bug BUT wifi strength seems to have reduced a lil bit. The earlier spot just outside office where i used to get the signal, somehow not detected with OS 3 running.

7. arubinst macrumors 6502

I reported this bug to Apple a while ago, on 3.0 b3. I received an email from the development team after b4 was available, asking me to test it and saying that they believed the problem was fixed. At that time, all my tests revealed that the problem was indeed solved.

You can try this: go to the folder where the "offending" mail was originally before being deleted and just stay there for a while to make sure that Mail.app and your mail server are all well synchronized and aware of the mail deletion. Do the same inside your trash folder.

Also take into account that spotlight must be doing some kind of indexing and it probably takes a moment for it to update the search database. If you still keep finding those mails, go to http://bugreport.apple.com and let them know that the problem is there. I'll keep an eye on the problem as well.

Cheers

8. Pooshka macrumors 65816

My 3.0 GM is extremely buggy. For example, when I get out the iPod app, the music does not stop playing. What the :confused:!

9. TranceNW macrumors regular

I've noticed that when previewing songs in the iTunes app, it dosent show how much of the preview is left to play - in the circle where your press play / stop.
    Anyone else experienced this?

10. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

ummm thats how the ipod works, you have to pause it then exit.

As for me no huge issues, i just wish you could copy/paste part of a sms instead of only being able to copy the whole thing.

11. blackboxxx macrumors regular

Notes syncing to Outlook doesn't work. The darn check box just resets after clicking Apply. It could be the bug in iTunes, but still annoying.
    Edit: I stand corrected, after adding and deleting a few notes in the app and restarting Outlook now everything syncs properly.

And, btw, why almost every built-in app has now search function, but not Messages?

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You're joking, right? No, seriously, you're joking...

13. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris