Os 3.0 Gm

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JReynolds, Jun 12, 2009.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

“By installing iPhone OS 3.0 GM Seed on Authorized Test Devices, these will be “locked” into testing mode and cannot be restored. You Must know that before installing the software.”

What does this mean exactly... simple terms please :confused:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It means that by installing iPhone OS 3.0 GM Seed on Authorized Test Devices, these will be “locked” into testing mode and cannot be restored. You Must know that before installing the software.

Don't install a developer seed of an OS unless you're a developer and ESPECIALLY don't if you're a newb.

4. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

umm thanks for your help... :rolleyes:

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It won't be locked into testing mode. 3.0 GM is the same version that the public will get next Wednesday. Also, you CAN revert back to 2.2.1 if you're clever enough. Install it, you'll be fine.

6. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for a helpful answer.:D Seems like some people on this site just get on here to bitch at people looking for help.

I already installed it, now I'm preparing to sell it and I don't want to screw anybody over in the future.

7. iranintoavan macrumors regular

iranintoavan

Although you should not upgrade unless your a dev, there is a way to downgrade back to 2.2.1. I did it yesterday.

Here are the instructions I used.

Hope this helps.

8. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

the person i'm selling it to wants 3.0 on it. Thats why they're buying it! ($300) I just wanted to make sure that in the future they would be able to update and all that.

9. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

worst case scenario is the phone will lock when 3.0 is released to the public in which case you just update thru itunes and problem solved. But as others have stated this, barring any disasters, is what is going to be released on the 17th and its more than likely whats on every 3gs rolling out of china.