OS 3.0 - is it needed?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by fire.tiger, May 29, 2009.

1. fire.tiger macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - is it really needed to switch to SDK 3.0 ?
    Does the apple require it that you have to compile and build new application
    on the SDK 3.0 ?

btw. still waiting for my activation code :) 5 weeks. Funny :) Apple is not able to send me one activation code. I think they lost it somewhere.

2. JimBobBennett macrumors member

I would chase apple by phone - I chased them a few times and everything came through quickly.

As for 3.0 - your app will need to be able to run on a device running 3.0, but compiled against 2.2.1. So ideally you'll need a 3.0 device to test, as well as a 2.2.1.

3. fire.tiger thread starter macrumors newbie

OK so when I'll develop on my 2.2.1 then it should automaticaly run also on new iPhone with OS 3.0 isn't it? It means I don't need to make any changes..
    just test it on new iPhone and that's all, right?

btw. I have already called apple 2 times. With no success. They always told
    that I have to wait till I receive their email with the activation code. Well
    I'm waiting 2 weeks since I called them and guess what :) No activation code ever received. I have really never seen something like this. I want to pay them and they behave like I would be an idiot.
    Someone on this forum have written that he was waiting for 10 months.
    I consider this to be really crazy.

4. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Good luck - hopefully it was just a slip-through. Apple's track record for treating developers is very bad, let's just hope your app submission doesn't go into limbo hell as well...

5. JimBobBennett macrumors member

No changes, just test it. Thats all.

What country are you in? I'm in the UK and phone calls always help - they solve each problem instantly. It was the same for other developers I know.

6. fire.tiger thread starter macrumors newbie

OK guys. I'll try it today again and call them.

I'm just from one small republic in central europe next to Germany, called Czech Republic :) We don't have iTunes store here or anything like that.
    It seems to be real problem for them :)

I really don't want to complain all the time I understand that apple has lot of
    work. But it is so annoying when nothing is happening :) you know what I mean...

We will see. I'll let you know guys if the ball will start to move.Today.