OS 3.0 Lags!!~

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oojosheoo, Jun 19, 2009.

1. oojosheoo macrumors member

Hey you guys. Have you guys been experiencing lag after installing the new OS 3.0?

I have 7 pages of apps with 7gb of space left on my iphone 3g. Everything was fine on 2.2.1.

But now SMS lags a lot and just the whole experience hasn't been great. I am doing a fresh restore to see if that solves anything.

I would hate to think apple put some bug so everyone would buy the new iphone 3GS..:D jk

2. jman240 macrumors 6502a

My phone is has the same stuff as yours and 3.0 software is faster than any 2.x. I did a restore and not an update and set it up as a new phone. That nay help you.

3. oojosheoo thread starter macrumors member

WOW i just finished the restore and ZOOOOM its faster then before. I did an update before. Thanks man.

4. mac.gir1 macrumors newbie

mac.gir1

This is perhaps a stupid question... when you did the restore, did you restore it back to the previous software (prior to 3.0)? Ever since the update to 3.0 my 3G lags (not unbearably, but noticeably).

I am also confused as to how/why setting it up as a new phone fixes this problem? If you could clarify a bit, it would be much appreciated!! :)

:apple:Tori

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Also, does a restore erase all the data you have in your apps? For example, your to do lists in your favorite GTD app?

6. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

This way you are sure iTunes doesn`t back up with a older backup such as a beta back-up. So you are sure that you have a clean install.

7. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

A restore as a new phone erases all programdata. And if you are upgradering I recommend that you restore as a new iPhone.

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Whenever I get a new software update, be it beta or otherwise I set it up as a new iPhone.

This can/does help clear up any problems in settings or otherwise that could interfere with the new software.

My suggestion to you is simple: Click Restore. After it is done with the initial part then click Set Up As a New Phone. It will then set it up fresh. You can then sync it to your computer, just like you did with a brand new iPhone and all of your settings/media/contacts etc.. will be back on it.

9. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

My 3G felt slower after upgrading from 2.2.1 but my 3GS is faster with 3.0 than the 3G was on 2.2.1, it's amazing.