OS 3.1 Issue: "Genius-generated album icon" as artwork???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnnyxhuynh, Sep 18, 2009.

1. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Ever since I upgraded to 3.1, some of my audiobooks have album artwork that looks like a "Genius-generated album icon" as seen in the attached image. I also have this problem with some of my music.

Any one else having this issue? Thanks!

Attached Files:

• web.jpg
      web.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
  2. johnnyxhuynh thread starter macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Just thought I'd also share: If I remove the artwork (which shows up correctly in iTunes), sync, add back the artwork, sync again... It fixes the first album, but the issue moves onto the next album.

Any thoughts?

3. dwman macrumors 6502

dwman

I have this same problem. It shows the "genius mix" and video podcast stills as artwork's for two of my same albums. I thought it might be an itunes 9 issue, but i tried synching with older ipods, and the artwork doesn't get replaced there (possibly because genius feature is not available on ipod 5.5 gen)

4. Caboose221 macrumors newbie

Same

I have the same issue, it is happening a lot, even in some cases my album artwork changes to my podcasts artwork. This problem is with iTunes 9 and iPhone OS 3.1.

I am yet to try it but from what I have read going back to iTunes 8 may fix the problem. If not you could wait for Apple to release a fix.

It's extremely frustrating issue, my friend has iTunes 9 and an iPod Touch with OS 3.1.1 and he has no problem.

I think I might sit tight and wait for Apple to get a move on.

Hope this helps. :)