Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Yes, I am down to 10 minutes (it's taken almost 1.5 hours so far) Come on OS3... Come on OS3...

I just hope they give us a way to delete all messages this time. I hate having to go through every single message and delete it.... how can they not have had a delete all option??? My pager from the mid 90s had that, lol

Haha right? Totally agree

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
yes, mine says that too and several previous posters in this thread said the same thing. I'm hoping it's not really going to take that long.

I hate to tell you this but I'm already an hour in and have an hour to go.

douglasf13

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Mine finally finished about an hour ago. The new OS is nice and snappy.

p.s. for those who don't know, both screen shots and Time Travel are disabled as default, so you have to turn them on if you want to use either of them.

chiffchaff

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Western US
I hate to tell you this but I'm already an hour in and have an hour to go.
uh oh. Well, good to know. On the up side, mine just dropped from 2 hrs to 1 hr to go. It had been sitting at 2 hrs for a while, maybe 30 minutes, but still - it's glimmer of hope. I know it's not that big a deal to be without the watch for a couple hours but I'm looking forward to playing with the new features, plus it's going to be hard to hit my activity goals with 2 hours off!

Update: I'm down to 11 mins now (15 mins after it said 1 hr)

Last edited:

KyleW

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Mine finally finished about an hour ago. The new OS is nice and snappy.

p.s. for those who don't know, both screen shots and Time Travel are disabled as default, so you have to turn them on if you want to use either of them.

Thank god for this. Two of the most annoying and useless features on the watch imo

Reactions: douglasf13

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Misleading . . . the initial time estimate was for the download only (about an hour), then there was the preparing, which it did twice on my AW. Anybody else had to go through "preparing" twice, with each prepare taking about 5-10 minutes.

After "preparing" the install took over an hour with the progress ring having to go around twice. Install took 2 spins around the progress circle. Anybody else needing the install to go through the ring/circle twice?

midloman

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
Midllothian, VA
I'm worried. My phone has been sitting on "Downloading to watch" for over an hour now. I have no idea how long it will take once it gets past this point; if it's hours after this (however long this takes), I'm in trouble. I stay up pretty late at night, but I mean, come on! I have to work tomorrow!

Anyone else have this? Any word on how much more time I'm looking at?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
I'm worried. My phone has been sitting on "Downloading to watch" for over an hour now. I have no idea how long it will take once it gets past this point; if it's hours after this (however long this takes), I'm in trouble. I stay up pretty late at night, but I mean, come on! I have to work tomorrow!

Anyone else have this? Any word on how much more time I'm looking at?

You are not the only one.

Download didn't taker very long, the Install and Finishing Up/Progress Circle is taking forever.

midloman

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
Midllothian, VA
You are not the only one.

Download didn't taker very long, the Install and Finishing Up/Progress Circle is taking forever.

What will happen if I grab the phone and stop the load? I honestly don't believe it's doing anything yet but waiting to get the file. The watch display hasn't changed at all; it still shows the charge screen.

I have another watch I can use if this one won't do anything until everything completes. I guess I could leave it on all night, except I use my phone as my alarm clock.

PBGamer89

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
This is taking longer than iOS10 took. It's gone from 2 days to 4 days, to 2 hours and now 39 minutes.

I don't understand why it's taking longer than my phone or iPad did. I'm glad others are saying it too because I thought my Wifi was acting up.

midloman

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2010
Midllothian, VA
What will happen if I grab the phone and stop the load? I honestly don't believe it's doing anything yet but waiting to get the file. The watch display hasn't changed at all; it still shows the charge screen.

I have another watch I can use if this one won't do anything until everything completes. I guess I could leave it on all night, except I use my phone as my alarm clock.

Just moved to verifying for about 10 minutes, and now it says installing. The circle with the tick marks is now on the watch face and beginning to fill in. Slowly, but it's filling in. Won't remove it now. I'll wait another hour or so and then it'll sit here all night by itself, unwatched, me trusting it and Apple will do their thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.